About a week ago we reported that Apple is rumored to be building an iPad mini, which supposedly is meant to go up against Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet that is priced rather competitively at a mere $199. However this seems to go against Steve Job’s statement a year ago when asked about rumors of a 7” tablet, where he was quoted as saying “The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isn’t because we don’t want to hit that price point, it’s because we think the screen is too small to express the software.” As it turns out, while 7” is too small, perhaps 7.85” is just nice as recent rumors seem to suggest.
The alleged iPad mini will feature a 7.85” display with the same resolution as the iPad 2, which means we should be able to expect sharper graphics since the resolution has been compressed into a smaller display. According to the rumors, both LG Display and AU Optronics have already sent Apple samples of the 7.85” display, and if all goes well, we could be looking at a release of an iPad mini as early as next year. What do you guys think? Is an iPad mini something that Apple could be considering, or do you think this is just an outright rumor with no basis whatsoever?
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]