If you’re interested in getting your hands on an Amazon Kindle Fire, you will be pleased to know that there will be more internet video options for you, thanks to a deal that ABC and Disney made with Amazon along with Netflix, which unfortunately does not include any exclusive deals of any kind.
Basically what this deal entails is that it gives both Netflix and Amazon access to ABC and Disney’s back catalogue, and all prior seasons of both active and recently ended shows. For Netflix this would be an extension to their current deal with ABC and Disney, which currently offers streaming access to shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, Ugly Betty and Hannah Montana.
Amazon customers will be getting access to Marvel’s animated shows, although the titles are unknown at this point. Amazon Prime customers will be able to start streaming these shows, along with the back catalogue through their Amazon Kindle Fire as well. For new Amazon Kindle Fire owners, they will be given a free month’s trial subscription to Amazon’s Prime service.
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-03-13: Video Streaming Services Now Part Of CPI Basket Of Goods In The UK
- 2013-05-31: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Available For Kindle Fire, Not Google Play
- 2011-11-11: Amazon Kindle Fire will get Hulu Plus as well
- 2010-12-08: Netflix Inks Deal With Disney/ABC, Streams Flicks After 15 Days