Acer knows that not everyone is able to afford an expensive smartphone, and that is why they decided to work on the mid-range and low-end markets as well. Fans of the Windows Phone movement will be pleased to hear that Acer will be rolling out a relatively affordable smartphone before Christmas under the Windows Phone 7 Mango platform known as the Allegro. It is tipped to retail for just 299 Euros sans contract, so if you were to get it with a contract, it might end up being free.
A free Windows Phone handset might just go and help boost Microsoft’s portfolio in this area during the holiday season, and also attract more of the non-tech crowd under the Windows Phone umbrella. Looking at the specifications, it ain’t too shabby after all with 8GB of storage space, a 3.6″ WVGA display, and a choice of either white or black colors. Basically, this offers the bare minimum in terms of Microsoft-decided specs for a Windows Phone device.
Hopefully it will have the build quality to go along with the Windows Phone 7 experience.
Next Story: Google supports HTC in legal battles
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2011-11-07 Spotify hits Windows Phone 7.5 devices
- 2011-10-28 Windows Phone Mango heads for virtually all devices
- 2011-09-22 HTC Radar 4G headed for T-Mobile, seen in the wild
- 2011-09-02 Acer W4 Windows Phone 7 handset revealed
- 2011-08-12 HTC Mazaa GPU performance showcased