Interested in getting your hands on the Acer Aspire S3? If you are, the good news is that the ultrabook is close to being released and you should be able to get your hands on the device come 16th of October. For those interested or who may have forgotten about the Acer Aspire S3, you can expect an ultrabook 0.51” thick and weighing in at 2.89 pounds.
Potential buyers can also expect a 13.3” display, an Intel Core i5-2467M processor with 4GB of RAM and Intel Integrated HD graphics, the difference between the Acer Aspire S3 and the MacBook Air is that instead going full SSD like the MacBook Air, Acer has instead done something rather interesting by mixing it up with an SSD and a regular hard drive.
The 20GB SSD will be used to house Windows 7 Home Premium while a 320GB 5400RPM hard drive will be used to store files that the user may not access frequently. According to Acer, users can expect a 2 second resume and boot time, along with a 6 hour battery life. If you’d like to pre-order the Acer Aspire S3, head on down to Amazon’s website and pre-order your ultrabook for $900.
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-03-13 Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3-581TG up for sale early
- 2012-03-06 Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 Ultrabook debuted at CeBIT
- 2011-12-04 Acer Aspire Ultrabook possible in April 2012
- 2011-09-02 Acer Aspire S3 [Ultrabook]
- 2011-08-29 Acer Aspire 3951 Ultrabook spotted