There has been a lot of talk surrounding RIM’s new platform – BBX. The new platform is to RIM what Windows Phone is to Nokia, a second chance at reclaiming the market that both companies used to dominate, and along with their new platform, there has been talks about a BBX device called the Blackberry Colt, and thanks to n4bb, more details surrounding the device have emerged, although we’ll probably take that information with a grain of salt until RIM actually announces something.
The Blackberry Colt when first rumored didn’t really say much about the device, other than the fact that it would run on RIM’s BBX (it was known as QNX back then) platform, and would sport a 1.2GHz single core processor (which disappointed many, but then again it’s just a rumor) and would feature a 4.x” touch screen display.
New information uncovered by n4bb is now telling us that the Blackberry Colt would be thinner than the Blackberry Bold 9900 and 9930, and would feature the same unibody stainless steel bezel as the Bold 9900 and 9930. It would also be a complete touch screen device, feature the same battery as the Blackberry PlayBook tablet and would sport front and back cameras. This still isn’t a lot to go on, but at least a slightly clearer picture is being painted for us, assuming this information is accurate. The Blackberry Colt, if the rumors are to be believed, is expected to see a release mid-2012.
Next Story: ZooGue's Double iPad case for the multitasker
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2012-02-09: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 3.0 being tested?
- 2011-11-11: Blackberry Colt could come with 4G LTE support
- 2011-10-19: BlackBerry Cascades UI demonstrated [video]
- 2011-10-18: RIM officially unveils BBX
- 2011-10-04: RIM to announce BlackBerry X at this month's DevCon?