So we know that the Angry Birds franchise will be further expanded with the presence of another bird, a movie (which Rovio obviously hope will be a hit) and a cookbook, although I am not quite sure whether the birds themselves will take too kindly to recipes that contain the use of eggs. Well, just how popular is this particular franchise, anyways? It seems that Angry Birds has been downloaded over 400 million times since it was first released, and another steady income revenue would be having sold over 1 million T-shirts and Angry Birds toys in a month – notwithstanding all those fakes in the market.
So far, internal statistics point towards 130 million monthly users, 30 million daily active gamers and 300 million minutes of game play happening every single day. Do you think the movie will be a huge success, or will it bomb like the majority of video games that made it to the silver screen? Since Angry Birds are cute in their own way, I would say that the chances of commercial success at the movies are far higher than a mature game like Doom.
Next Story: Battlefield 3 simulator leaves mouth gaping
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2011-10-19: Angry Birds to add an additional bird, movie and cookbook in the works
- 2011-06-29: Angry Birds arrive on Windows Phone 7 at last
- 2011-04-12: Angry Birds to get new Easter expansion