So we know that the Angry Birds franchise will be further expanded with the presence of another bird, a movie (which Rovio obviously hope will be a hit) and a cookbook, although I am not quite sure whether the birds themselves will take too kindly to recipes that contain the use of eggs. Well, just how popular is this particular franchise, anyways? It seems that Angry Birds has been downloaded over 400 million times since it was first released, and another steady income revenue would be having sold over 1 million T-shirts and Angry Birds toys in a month – notwithstanding all those fakes in the market.
So far, internal statistics point towards 130 million monthly users, 30 million daily active gamers and 300 million minutes of game play happening every single day. Do you think the movie will be a huge success, or will it bomb like the majority of video games that made it to the silver screen? Since Angry Birds are cute in their own way, I would say that the chances of commercial success at the movies are far higher than a mature game like Doom.
Next Story: Battlefield 3 simulator leaves mouth gaping
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA