The iPhone 4S is certainly quite the market mover, but all is not well with the latest iOS 5 device and Sprint. It seems that iPhone 4S users who rock with Sprint have been experiencing speed issues, and the number of complaints are starting to rise, so something urgent and important needs to be done in order to address the situation. Word on the street has it that Sprint is working with Apple to deliver a possible software fix which hopefully, will spell the end of slower wireless networking speeds that particularly affect iPhone 4S customers.
In fact, customers have already made sure they have gotten all their backs covered, going so far as to post photos of speed tests in order to point out just how slow the network’s 3G speeds are on Sprint. While these tests show that other handsets fare far faster, the logical conclusion can only be one thing – the issue lies within the hardware of Apple’s “best iPhone yet”, and not with Sprint’s network.
According to a Sprint spokesperson, he had a cordial take on the whole situation. “Overall, iPhone performance on the Sprint network is consistent with our expectations and the rest of our high-end portfolio. Sprint also did bench-marking of Sprint’s iPhone against competitor’s iPhones and the testing showed little to no performance difference. We are seeing a very low return rate for this device but we are watching the reports of speed issues very closely. We do see opportunities to optimize performance, specifically in high network capacity areas. We see this as typical optimization work and do not have any specific area of concern. Sprint is committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers. We are listening to our customers and working closely with our partners at Apple to ensure optimal performance of iPhone devices on our network.”
Next Story: Star Wars hard drive recycles VHS tapes
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-04-24: FreedomPop Announces Sprint-Friendly Hotspot For $40
- 2011-11-16: AT&T customers remain loyal despite competition
- 2011-11-11: Sprint begins to lock iPhone 4S SIMs from today onwards
- 2011-11-02: Sprint is taking the iPhone 4S speed issues seriously
- 2011-10-20: Sprint 3G network post-iPhone launch reported to be terrible