Mac OS X 10.7 Lion was released several months ago back in July, and not surprisingly it looks like Apple has already started work on OS X 10.8. According to Mac Rumors, this seems to be based on their web logs, which has started showing an increasing number of visitors running on OS X 10.8.
Apparently OS X 10.8 started popping up in August, but has recently started to see an increase over the past few months. While Mac Rumors has not ruled out the possibility that the data could have been falsified, what they do note is that the origins of these visitors running on OS X 10.8 are coming from Apple’s company itself along with its surrounding areas. This seems to be in keeping with the pattern that Mac Rumors discovered back in 2009 with OS X 10.7.
However for those looking forward to OS X 10.8 and whatever goodies it may be packing, based on Apple’s trend of releasing major OS updates every 2 years, the earliest we can expect to see OS X 10.8 will most probably be in 2013.RELATED
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Analyst: iMacs With Intel Haswell Chips Expected In June/July
- Next-Gen Mac Pro To Be "Really Different"
- Follow: Apple Inc, os x,
- Seen at: macrumors