Apple has just released a couple of new updates for its Apple TV set top box and for its 15″ Mac Book Pro. For the Apple TV, the update brings the device up to version 4.4.2 and introduces some issues that are present in current version of the operating system. Folks who are already running version 4.4 or 4.4.1 are advised to reset all settings before downloading the new update.
The update basically adds all the features that were introduced in 4.4, sans any problems: Photo Stream, AirPlay Mirroring, National Hockey League, Wall Street Journal, New Slideshow themes, and Support for Netflix subtitles (when available).
The MacBook Pro’s Video Update 1.0 fixes the freezing/video stopping bug that’s present in the 15″ MacBook Pro manufactured between April 2010 and February 2011. It requires Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1, so make sure you update your operating system before you run the video update.
Next Story: Netflix lost 800,000 subscribers in Q3 2011
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2012-04-10: OS XI concept merges best of iOS and OS X
- 2011-12-12: Apple Mac App Store hits 100 million downloads
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-10: MacBook Pro Firmware Update 1.5 might solve random shutting down issue
- 2011-03-21: Mac OS X 10.6.7 update released