Despite the somewhat lackluster reception to the official announcement of the iPhone 4S on Tuesday, it looks like there are a lot of who are interested in picking up the phone for themselves. AT&T has just reported that it’s the carrier’s most successful launch yet. Despite only going up for pre-order this morning, the iPhone 4S has already clocked in over 200,000 preorders – and it only took 12 hours! Seeing how the iPhone 4 had 600,000 pre-orders on its first day, this is pretty impressive considering that the iPhone 4S is available on 3 carriers (iPhone 4 only had AT&T at launch), and there’s still many more hours before this day is over.
No word on how the other carriers are doing, but if the AT&T launch is a representation of how well the phone is being received, we can expect similar numbers all around. It looks like the iPhone 4S has the potential to upstage its predecessor for number of units sold on launch day. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. How many of you pre-ordered your iPhone 4S today?
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08 Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23 Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2012-01-12 Thousands line up for the iPhone 4S launch in China
- 2011-12-28 Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-11-25 Lady Gaga iPhone cases are funky
- 2011-10-10 Over one million iPhone 4S pre-orders on the first day
- 2011-10-07 AT&T wants 4G indicator on iPhone 4S status bar