Apple’s most recent iPhone (also the best iPhone yet according to them), the iPhone 4S, has certainly made a huge splash in terms of sales. Well, where does that leave the iPhone 3GS which is lagging behind by a couple of generations? It can now be purchased for free – as long as you adhere to a 2-year contract over at AT&T. It seems that even this free iPhone 3GS that is feeling its age in terms of performance and looks is doing extremely well, with CEO of AT&T Mobility Ralph de la Vega claiming his company is seeing “tremendous, tremendous demand” for the iPhone 3GS.
“We have another device that I think is going to dramatically change those people that are on smartphones and quick messaging devices, the [iPhone] 3GS, which is free with a 2-year contract. We’ve seen a tremendous, tremendous demand for that device even though it’s a generation old. And actually, we’re getting more new subscribers coming on the 3GS on the average than other devices. So we also have an inventory sold out on that device,” says Ralph.
I guess this just goes to show that having the latest and greatest is not exactly high on everyone’s list at the moment – considering the economic climate around us.
Next Story: Feats Per Minute is a bicycle that plays records
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2011-07-25 iPhone 4 is still selling well
- 2011-01-11 Apple's online store now selling the 3GS for $49 too
- 2011-01-09 AT&T offering the iPhone 3GS for just $49
- 2009-11-08 $99 8GB iPhone 3GS For Christmas?
- 2010-02-04 AT&T Finally Allows 3G Streaming For SlingPlayer On iPhone