How do you measure the success of a video game? When it spawns a whole line of new products and material that aren’t video games? Possibly. What do you call a video game that spawns a reality show then? In this case, it would be Battlefield 3. EA has just announced that it has teamed up with some of football’s biggest stars for an exclusive reality show titled: GTTV Presents Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron.
No, it won’t be a show about football players duking it out with each other playing Battlefield on their consoles. The focus of the reality show will be to put these stars through the “ultimate in combat training by some of the world’s most elite Special Operation Warriors.” After the footballers complete their advanced training, they will have to work together to accomplish a live simulator operation pulled straight out from one of the scenarios in Battlefield 3.
Talk about intense, though this time around there’s no need to worry about lag or cheaters. Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron starts airing today, with the first episode already up on the Battlefield Facebook Page. The finale will be aired on October 24th 2011 – the day before the game is released. What a great way to build up hype.RELATED
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Follow: battlefield, battlefield 3, dice, ea,