How do you measure the success of a video game? When it spawns a whole line of new products and material that aren’t video games? Possibly. What do you call a video game that spawns a reality show then? In this case, it would be Battlefield 3. EA has just announced that it has teamed up with some of football’s biggest stars for an exclusive reality show titled: GTTV Presents Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron.
No, it won’t be a show about football players duking it out with each other playing Battlefield on their consoles. The focus of the reality show will be to put these stars through the “ultimate in combat training by some of the world’s most elite Special Operation Warriors.” After the footballers complete their advanced training, they will have to work together to accomplish a live simulator operation pulled straight out from one of the scenarios in Battlefield 3.
Talk about intense, though this time around there’s no need to worry about lag or cheaters. Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron starts airing today, with the first episode already up on the Battlefield Facebook Page. The finale will be aired on October 24th 2011 – the day before the game is released. What a great way to build up hype.
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare pack now on PC and Xbox 360
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3 commercial created by FreddieW
- 2011-12-19: Battlefield 2143 hinted in Battlefield 3