5 years is a long time to go, depending on how you see it. See how far we’ve come in terms of technology in half a decade’s time? Perhaps the adoption rate of electric cars would soar exponentially within the same timeframe, as Beijing must surely hope since the city intends to install 42,000 electric car charging posts within the next 5 years.
According to city planners there, they estimate that the total number of electric vehicles registered in Beijing will touch 100,000 by the time 2015 rolls around, so while 42,000 might seem like a large number at first, that would be less than half of the estimated electric cars making their way through the streets of Beijing.
At the moment, electric car drivers are able to select from 19 existing charging stations, where there will be another 39 in the pipeline and targeted for completion by the end of 2011. Hopefully the city achieves that target, and having so many electric cars in Beijing would also mean better air quality, hopefully.RELATED
- Scientists Come Up With A Way To Beam Power From Transmitters To Electric Vehicles
- Tesla Hires Former Apple Employee, Doug Field
- Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- BMW i3 Gets Range Extender Option
- Toyota Plug-In Prius To Receive Price Cut
- Follow: electric car charger,
- Seen at: inventorspot