After making so much money from World of Warcraft players all over the world, it looks like Blizzard wants to give some of it back. The company has recently announced that it will be hosting an auction to raise money for the St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital. The company will be auctioning off server blades that originally housed World of Warcraft when it first launched about seven years ago.
While the server blades are no longer in use (no word on whether they’re still functional, but you’ll need a server blade system to test the blades out), they’ve been nicely packaged in a custom windowed housing that shows you the hardware underneath, and features a plaque that has the World of Warcraft logo and printed on signatures of the World of Warcraft team. Definitely a treat for hardcore fans.
Prices start at $100 and 100% of the proceeds will go to charity. There are approximately 2,000 blades that will be going up for auction but there’s no telling how hot they’re going to be. Find out more.
Next Story: Motorola DROID RAZR website launched
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2011-11-10: World of Warcraft: almost a million subscribers lost last quarter
- 2011-10-21: World of Warcraft annual pass promotion gives you Diablo 3 for free
- 2011-08-04: Mists of Pandaria is next World of Warcraft expansion?
- 2011-06-29: Free World of Warcraft until level 20
- 2010-12-28: Kinect hacked to let you play World of Warcraft sans keyboard