After making so much money from World of Warcraft players all over the world, it looks like Blizzard wants to give some of it back. The company has recently announced that it will be hosting an auction to raise money for the St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital. The company will be auctioning off server blades that originally housed World of Warcraft when it first launched about seven years ago.
While the server blades are no longer in use (no word on whether they’re still functional, but you’ll need a server blade system to test the blades out), they’ve been nicely packaged in a custom windowed housing that shows you the hardware underneath, and features a plaque that has the World of Warcraft logo and printed on signatures of the World of Warcraft team. Definitely a treat for hardcore fans.
Prices start at $100 and 100% of the proceeds will go to charity. There are approximately 2,000 blades that will be going up for auction but there’s no telling how hot they’re going to be. Find out more.RELATED
- Gaikai PS4 Streaming Service Will Work With PS3 And PS Vita Too
- Microsoft Aware Of Xbox One Party Chat Issues
- Project Spark Is Now In Open Beta
- Rapoo 7100P Wireless Optical Mouse Announced
- GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- Follow: auction, blizzard, charity, world of warcraft, wow,
- Seen at: h20435.www2.hp