If you own a BMW and an iPhone, it looks like you will now be able to integrate your iPhone’s Calendar app with BMW’s ConnectedDrive system. The app will be display in the BMW’s center screen where it will show upcoming appointments, and even comes with the ability to read out the details, which sounds like something a busy workaholic would like to have.
At the moment BMW’s app efforts are limited to the iPhone, but they have stated that they will expand its integration to Android as well some time next year. This move by BMW goes to show the company’s plans for allowing third party app developers to create apps for its car system, and with such a huge developer base from iOS and Android alone, we’ll have to wonder what sort of cool apps and features will be coming to BMW cars in the future.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-08: Facebook On iPhone Could Be Responsible For Huge Battery Drain
- 2013-10-18: Machinarium Finally Makes Its Way Onto The iPhone
- 2013-07-09: Smart Diapers Use QR Codes To Help Parents Monitor Their Baby's Health
- 2013-06-27: Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2011-04-28: Pandora supported on new BMW models