So we heard that the Canon Pixma Pro-1 printer will be delayed due to floods that are currently threatening to bring Bangkok to a standstill, but that does not mean the show has stopped. No sir, a media event in New York City saw Canon announce their latest flagship photo printer, otherwise known as the Pixma Pro-1. Canon claims that this is the first A3+ printer in the world that will carry a dozen 12 separate inks – now how about that?
Surely replenishing this puppy is going to be a headache, as you now have far more cartridges than ever before to keep track of, and what happens when stores in your area run out of a particular kind of color? All that downside might be forgotten when you see the kind of images that are printed, I suppose.
Just what are the colors available? You get Photo and Matte black inks, a trio of grey inks (dark grey, grey, and light grey) as well as half a dozen color inks that comprise of Cyan, Photo Cyan, Magenta, Photo Magenta, Yellow and Red. There is also a Chroma Optimizer thrown into the mix which claims to add richness to blacks and add uniformity to glossiness. Will you pick up the Pixma Pro-1 photo printer when it is sold for $999 a pop?
Next Story: Galaxy Nexus a Verizon exclusive?
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]
- 2013-07-23: Canon PIXMA All-In-One Printer Range Updated
- 2011-10-25: Canon Pixma Pro-1 printer delayed due to floods in Thailand
- 2010-08-17: Canon Announces Its PIXMA MG8120 And MG6120 Wireless Printers
- 2010-08-19: Canon Launches Its SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer