Is this an interesting bit of statistics or what – China Mobile is said to have 10 million iPhone users already, never mind the fact that the mobile carrier in the world’s most populous nation have yet to come into agreement with Apple, at least according to China Mobile’s chairman, Wang Jianzhou. Mr. Wang did mention that Apple had already promised to make an iPhone model that will be compatible with China Mobile’s TD-LTE standard when there is a next-generation model – and since we do know that the iPhone 5 is on its way, I guess China Mobile would have to wait for some time more before they can officially boast of iPhone users under their umbrella.
According to China Mobile, they did meet with Steve Jobs several times in order to talk about an iPhone which is based on its own home-grown network standard, and commercial trials of their next generation TD-LTE mobile network technology is expected to begin in several cities in 2012.
Currently, China Mobile commands over 630 million customers at the end of last month, but the majority of those are at the bottom of the food chain who mostly make phone calls and send text messages, and are not data hungry at all.
Next Story: Hasselblad H4X makes a brief appearance
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-01-20: Apple Might Have Sold At Least 50 Million iPhones Last Quarter
- 2014-01-17: China Mobile Begins To Sell New iPhones Today
- 2014-01-15: Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2013-12-31: China Mobile Sees 100,000 iPhone Pre-orders In 2 Days
- 2013-12-16: China Mobile Deal Could Allow Apple To Sell An Additional 12 Million iPhones In 2014