We’re an hour away from the official unveiling of the first Android Ice Cream Sandwich phone, and it looks like the phone has decided to show itself on Samsung’s website. If you head over to Samsung.com and enter “galaxy nexus” in the search bar, you’re presented with a search result page with a picture of the phone in question and the following words:
3155 results for “galaxy nexus”
Sign up to get the latest on the Galaxy Nexus from Verizon.
Visit the “Galaxy Nexus” Page
I guess there are a few things we can confirm a few details: the phone is going to be called the Galaxy Nexus (even though the name Nexus Prime has been leaked by Samsung before), and there’s a high chance it’ll be a Verizon exclusive. Seeing how Big Red didn’t get the Galaxy S2, I guess it makes sense that it would be receiving some special from Samsung (not to mention having the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Nexus at the same time would probably cannibalize sales). Clicking on the link to Galaxy Nexus page gives a “page not found” at the moment but that shouldn’t last for long.
The official announcement for the Galaxy Nexus begins in less than an hour, stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: Nexus Prime & Ice Cream Sandwich Event LIVE BLOG
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2011-10-21: Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-21: Sprint Galaxy Nexus coming soon?
- 2011-10-14: Galaxy Nexus pops up in Verizon inventory system
- 2011-10-07: Samsung Nexus Prime caught in the wild? [video]
- 2011-10-07: Real Samsung Nexus Prime specs revealed?