While smartphones seem to be the majority handsets that people carry these days, do remember that in most developing countries, featurephones are the staple considering how smartphones are most probably way out of reach of the ordinary working class citizen. Well, that does not mean software like Google’s Gmail should remain off limits to featurephone owners, right? Google’s Gmail team has worked hard to deliver featurephones with Internet connectivity to sign up for a Gmail account.
While these phones might not have a built-in browser, but at least the ability to access the Gmail service on-the-go is worth looking into. Google expects to see hundreds of millions of additional Gmail users get on board the mobile service with this initiative. Just point your featurephone towards mail.google.com to sign up if you are interested (or know someone who is).
Next Story: iPhone 5 cases from Luxa2 announced
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-25: Gmail Experiment Shows Promotional Emails As Ads