If you’ve always wondered about why certain ads get displayed on your screen whenever you’re performing a Google search you’re in luck. Google has recently decided to be more transparent about its ad targeting services and now gives users a way to find out why a specific ad is being shown to them. In addition to finding out more about how the targeted ad, users are given the option to block them as well as turning off personalized ads entirely.
But in case you’re wondering – Google uses all the information it knows about you to bring you their ads. Be it your location, your previous searches in your recent browser sessions, the language you’re using and so on. To find out more about specific adverts, just click the “Why these ads” link whenever you see it pop up. This ad transparency feature will be rolling out to Gmail as well in the future.
- Facebook Wants To Make Your News Feed More Relevant
- Over $1.2 Billion Spent Online This Black Friday
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- Study Finds Men With Beards Choose The Worst Passwords
- Chrome Might Let Users Try Apps Without Having To Install Them
- Follow: ads, Google, google search,
- Seen at: googleblog.blogspot