It took its own sweet time, but it’s finally here. Through a post on the official Google TV blog today, Google has announced that the Google TV Honeycomb update is finally here. Those days of staring at countless screenshots and checking out all the YouTube videos for footage of the update can finally come to an end.
The long-awaited update for Google TV brings Android 3.1 Honeycomb to the set top box which in turn introduces a whole set of new features. Google TV 2.0 will get a brand new user interface that’s simple and easy to customize (like your Android phone or tablet), an improved search for getting content to watch, improved YouTube experience, and of course – the Android Market which will give you access to a whole bunch of Android apps on your TV screen. And let’s not forget hardware 3D acceleration and USB support.
The Google TV update will arrive on Sony Internet TVs and Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc players starting next week, while the Logitech Revue will be getting it “soon”, says Logitech. Who’s excited for the new Google TV?
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2012-01-05: LG to introduce Google TV at CES 2012
- 2011-10-20: Google TV update shown off in screenshots
- 2011-10-06: Google TV Honeycomb update postponed
- 2011-09-09: Sony shows off Honeycomb Google TV
- 2011-05-11: Google shows off new Google TV at I/O