While there’s only one phone on one carrier that is capable of making payments with Google Wallet, it looks like a lot more merchants are warming up to the idea of having NFC-based payments. Google has just announced that a whole bunch of new stores now support Google Wallet payments and “Featured Offers”. Starting today, shoppers at American Eagle Outfitters, The Container Store, Foot Locker, Guess, Jamba Juice, Macy’s OfficeMax and Toys”R”Us will not only be able to use Google Wallet to pay for their goods, but they can use it to get discounts on selected items as well.
No more looking around for coupons or a rewards card – just bring your phone to the counter, tap it and you’re good to go. The Google Wallet has been updated with a new “Featured Offers” section that features discounts that are only available to Google Wallet users. Chevron, D’Agostino, Faber News Now, Gristedes Supermarkets and Pinkberry have also been reported to be working on implementing Google Wallet support.
How many of you use Google Wallet at the moment, and how is it working out for you?RELATED
- FunderCloud For iOS Improves Your Crowdfunding Experience
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Next Windows Phone Update Could Include “Flick To Close” Among Others
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets Rose Gold Edition
- The HTC M8 Story So Far
- Follow: Android, deals, Google, google wallet, NFC,
- Seen at: googlemobile.blogspot