While there’s only one phone on one carrier that is capable of making payments with Google Wallet, it looks like a lot more merchants are warming up to the idea of having NFC-based payments. Google has just announced that a whole bunch of new stores now support Google Wallet payments and “Featured Offers”. Starting today, shoppers at American Eagle Outfitters, The Container Store, Foot Locker, Guess, Jamba Juice, Macy’s OfficeMax and Toys”R”Us will not only be able to use Google Wallet to pay for their goods, but they can use it to get discounts on selected items as well.
No more looking around for coupons or a rewards card – just bring your phone to the counter, tap it and you’re good to go. The Google Wallet has been updated with a new “Featured Offers” section that features discounts that are only available to Google Wallet users. Chevron, D’Agostino, Faber News Now, Gristedes Supermarkets and Pinkberry have also been reported to be working on implementing Google Wallet support.
How many of you use Google Wallet at the moment, and how is it working out for you?
- 2014-04-22: Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22: Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21: Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2012-02-29: Google Wallet and Google+ app updates for Android released
- 2011-12-09: Google Wallet to go on trial during London 2012 Olympics
- 2011-12-06: Google confirms no Google Wallet for Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-11-18: Motorola shareholders vote in favor of "Googorola" deal
- 2011-09-21: Google Wallet still not available to everyone