Fans of the popular Nintendo game, Mario Kart, will be pleased to know that you can now take driving your kart to the next level with Hori’s steering wheel peripheral that has been designed specifically for Mario Kart on the Nintendo 3DS. It has been officially licensed by Nintendo so you don’t have to worry about “illegal” third party accessories, and will feature larger L and R buttons for better control.
Now if you were hoping for more, like control of your kart in-game with this steering wheel peripheral, you’ll be disappointed. It seems more like a handle addition to your Nintendo 3DS console, providing the gamer with the “feel” of a steering wheel, and that’s pretty much where the buck stops. The peripheral appears to be only available in Japan at the moment and will go on sale 1st December for $17. No word if there are plans for an international release.
Next Story: Apple TV project said to be led by Jeff Robbin
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-02-19: Mario Kart Ride-On Vehicle Makes You A Menace On The Road
- 2013-12-18: Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. For Wii U Detailed
- 2013-12-12: Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- 2013-08-02: Mario Kart Cited By Young Boy To Help Prevent A Serious Accident
- 2013-04-18: Luigi-Themed Nintendo 3DS XL Headed To Japan On July 18
- 2011-12-13: Nintendo Circle Pad Pro announced for the 7th of February 2012
- 2011-09-15: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata: "Absolutely not" to smartphone games
- 2011-09-13: Nintendo Circle Pad gets launch date and price
- 2011-08-10: Elecom's Bluetooth TK-FBP030E keyboard is compatible with a variety of Apple devices