It looks like HP was a bit rash with its previous decision to spin off its Personal Systems Group (PSG) – the division that creates its personal computers. The company has announced today that after much deliberation they’ve decided to keep the PSG within HP – a move that is “right for customers and partners, right for shareholders, and right for employees”. According to the company’s evaluation of the PSG, it turns out that division contributes to a significant portion of HP’s solutions portfolio and overall brand value. Also, the cost to recreate these in a standalone company outweighed any benefits of separation.
With HP taking back its decisions made earlier this year, perhaps we’ll see webOS coming back to life? We can only hope and keep our fingers crossed. Read more about its decision.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2014-01-05: HP Slate Pro All-in-One with Android and NVidia Tegra 4
- 2014-01-05: HP ProOne 400 AiO Announced
- 2014-01-05: HP 205 AiO Revealed
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1