I suppose that plenty of us out here heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that HP will not be spinning off their PC business, which was what more or less defined the company as what they are today for the longest time. In fact, there is more than just a heave of relief – HP also went on recrod to say that they will be making a foray into the Ultrabook market, now how bout that?
“Ultramobile is a notebook category of sub-17 millimeter notebooks. We’re very focused on having a suite in that ultramobile space. And you’ll see that very soon,” mentioned Todd Bradley, executive vice president of HP’s Personal Systems Group, in a conference call.
This would clearly place HP’s future Ultrabook releases in the direct firing line of other PC manufacturers including Toshiba, and we can’t wait for ‘soon’ to come soon enough, so to speak. After all, we’re absolutely, totally in love with the ability to have choices, and one more Ultrabook to choose from would definitely not hurt.
Next Story: Redbox to increase DVD rental fees
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-09-19: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 announced
- 2012-08-30: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 revealed
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-04-19: HP to ship 5-7 ultrabooks in second half of 2012? [Rumor]
- 2012-02-08: HP ENVY 14 Spectre up for pre-order