I suppose that plenty of us out here heaved a sigh of relief after hearing that HP will not be spinning off their PC business, which was what more or less defined the company as what they are today for the longest time. In fact, there is more than just a heave of relief – HP also went on recrod to say that they will be making a foray into the Ultrabook market, now how bout that?
“Ultramobile is a notebook category of sub-17 millimeter notebooks. We’re very focused on having a suite in that ultramobile space. And you’ll see that very soon,” mentioned Todd Bradley, executive vice president of HP’s Personal Systems Group, in a conference call.
This would clearly place HP’s future Ultrabook releases in the direct firing line of other PC manufacturers including Toshiba, and we can’t wait for ‘soon’ to come soon enough, so to speak. After all, we’re absolutely, totally in love with the ability to have choices, and one more Ultrabook to choose from would definitely not hurt.RELATED
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- Chrome For Windows Gains Additional Password Security
- Google Santa Tracker App Announced
- Google Calendar Gets Smarter, Helps You Stay Up To Date
- 2 Million Passwords Compromised After Botnet Infection Spree
- Follow: HP, ultrabooks,
- Seen at: news.cnet