Apart from Apple vs Samsung, there’s also Apple vs Motorola and Apple vs HTC. If you have been keeping track of the rather vicious patent wars, you’ll probably recall that Google tossed HTC a couple of patents their way in order to help them with their lawsuit against Apple. Following in Samsung’s footsteps, HTC has tried to file for a preliminary injunction against Apple, but as it turns out, much like Samsung, HTC has had their injunction request denied.
According to an ITC (International Trade Commission) administrative law judge, Apple has not infringed upon any of HTC’s four patents pertaining to the lawsuit. These patents include technology for power management and phone dialing. While these patents are valid and do belong to HTC, it appears that Apple has managed to get off the hook again and escaped another injunction attempt by a competitor. We’ll have to wonder, with so many companies going up against the Cupertino-based company, how long before Apple’s luck runs out?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-12-09: Motorola Mobility wins injunction against Apple in Germany
- 2011-11-23: HTC reconsidering S3 Graphics buyout after loss to Apple
- 2011-11-07: Apple could get Motorola's injunction against them temporarily suspended
- 2011-10-18: HTC to appeal ITC's decision
- 2011-09-08: ClassCo sues Apple, HTC, RIM, Samsung and others for patent infringement