So today Android’s latest build, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, was launched today and you can check out our coverage here. Now we’re sure that this is a build of Android that many Android users out there can’t wait to get their hands on, but as to when you can expect to receive the update remains unknown at this point since a lot of factors come into play, such as manufacturers optimizing and tweaking ICS for their phones and carrier support to help push the updates out to their subscribers.
The good news is that if you’re a HTC user, the Taiwanese company has stepped forward and addressed the update, which while did not actually reveal any dates, at least put HTC users at ease knowing that the company is looking at the new operating system and are working on bringing it over to their devices.
“We are excited about the latest update for Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine our upgrade plans. Our goal for Android updates is to give every customer an improved user experience, which means balancing each phone’s unique hardware, HTC Sense experience and the Android kernel. While our goal is to upgrade as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone’s performance and usability first. Please stay tuned for more updates on specific device upgrade plans.”
Based on their statement, what we can take away from this is that HTC’s more recent releases will be given priority in receiving the update, although we expect that older HTC devices running on Gingebread 2.3 should be also eligible to receive the update, but perhaps that will be some time further down the line.
Next Story: Android Ice Cream Sandwich, Launched!
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-12-13: HTC DROID Incredible 2 update rolling out
- 2011-12-07: Sprint's HTC EVO View 4G could receive Honeycomb update by end of the year
- 2011-11-17: Samsung Galaxy S2 officially confirmed for ICS 4.0 update
- 2011-11-15: Android Gingerbread 2.3 update rolling out to HTC Droid Incredible users again
- 2011-10-26: No Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus One