HTC Thunderbolt owners who rock to Verizon Wireless, here is a little bit of holiday cheer for you – you will finally be able to get hold of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update after the initial nightmare at the end of September, where Gingerbread updates caused a whole lot of havoc amongst Thunderbolt owners before it was pulled with apologies.
Anyways, all of that is water under the bridge now, with the Gingerbread update being made available to HTC Thunderbolt owners. All you need to do is head on into “Settings” and choose “Software update”, followed by “Check new” and you’re good to go. Some of the more notable changes would be the cosmetic tweaks that will happen to your homescreen, while the inclusion of new apps include a download manager and a “Full Dock Mode” app.
Anyone given it a go already, and how do you find it? [PDF page]
Next Story: MTV Music Meter works with your Samsung Smart TV
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-07-04: Verizon promotion sees cheaper iPhone 4, HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-04-13: HTC Thunderbolt runs into more 4G connectivity problems
- 2011-03-13: HTC and Verizon work on ThunderBolt launch date
- 2011-02-10: HTC ThunderBolt to arrive 10 days after Valentine's