It seems that Hulu is not going to put itself up for sale, after Hulu equity owners made the announcement that they are about to terminate the Hulu sale process. In a joint statement from Hulu owners News Corporation, Providence Equity Partners, The Walt Disney Company and the Hulu senior management team, this is what they had to say.
Since Hulu holds a unique and compelling strategic value to each of its owners, we have terminated the sale process and look forward to working together to continue mapping out its path to even greater success. Our focus now rests solely on ensuring that our efforts as owners contribute in a meaningful way to the exciting future that lies ahead for Hulu.
Guess all the rumors of a Hulu sale are just that – rumors, and those with a controlling interest in the company isn’t in a rush to dispose it off to a new owner.
Next Story: Windows 7 surpasses Windows XP's market share
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-03: Hulu Plus On Amazon Fire TV
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-02-27: Hulu Sells Off Japan Operations
- 2013-10-21: Hulu Plus For Chromecast Now Live On iPhone