Earlier today we reported that the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 SDK was ported over to the Nexus S 4G, but for those still on their Nexus One handsets, it looks like porting Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 over to your device may not be such a ludicrous idea after all, based on the video below.
Now compared to the Nexus S 4G, the Nexus One seems downright ancient and you would probably think that it will not be able to handle Ice Cream Sandwich due to its hardware. Much like the port over onto the Nexus S 4G, there are some issues that dr1337md (the user who created the Nexus One video) came across, such as audio not working as it should, video decoding not working along with numerous other issues.
However like he said, it’s a start and it looks as though Ice Cream Sandwich could run on the Nexus One, although it does look slightly laggy, but perhaps a little bit of tweaking and optimization on Google’s end will be able to fix that, although the better solution here would probably be to just upgrade your phone.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Android, HTC, ice cream sandwich 4.0, nexus one, port, sdk,
- Seen at: phandroid