How much does it cost to manufacture a single iPhone 4S? So far the actual figure is only known to the people at Apple I would presume, and analysts who perform teardowns of the device will most probably come close with their guess. Don’t take the $188 quoted figure as gospel truth though, as a recent teardown analysis of the iPhone 4S claims the 16GB version costs $188 – which is a wee bit more expensive than the iPhone 4 at $0.50 more, making it a negligible amount when you take it individually.
IHS iSuppli’s breakdown claims that the bill of materials for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB iPhone 4S models will more or less reside in the regions of $188, $207 and $245, respectively, whereby iSuppli’s estimate for the 16GB equivalent of the iPhone 4 in 2010 stood at $187.51.
No surprise there consider the scale of economy in addition to the iPhone 4S looking a whole lot like your regular iPhone 4. Still, this kind of trivia is interesting to know and would make for good and light conversation the next time you’re at a pub and spot what could possibly be an iPhone 5 prototype…RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPhone 4S, iphone4s,
- Seen at: allthingsd