How much does it cost to manufacture a single iPhone 4S? So far the actual figure is only known to the people at Apple I would presume, and analysts who perform teardowns of the device will most probably come close with their guess. Don’t take the $188 quoted figure as gospel truth though, as a recent teardown analysis of the iPhone 4S claims the 16GB version costs $188 – which is a wee bit more expensive than the iPhone 4 at $0.50 more, making it a negligible amount when you take it individually.
IHS iSuppli’s breakdown claims that the bill of materials for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB iPhone 4S models will more or less reside in the regions of $188, $207 and $245, respectively, whereby iSuppli’s estimate for the 16GB equivalent of the iPhone 4 in 2010 stood at $187.51.
No surprise there consider the scale of economy in addition to the iPhone 4S looking a whole lot like your regular iPhone 4. Still, this kind of trivia is interesting to know and would make for good and light conversation the next time you’re at a pub and spot what could possibly be an iPhone 5 prototype…
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08: Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-06-20: Apple Sued Over Call Forwarding Patent By Texas Company
- 2011-11-29: iPhone 4S priced like a boss
- 2011-11-23: iPhone 4S runs into Wi-Fi issues?
- 2011-10-26: iPhone 4S crushes competition in Japan
- 2011-10-17: iPhone 4S hits more than four million in weekend sales
- 2011-10-11: Early iPhone 4S benchmarks