Barely a week since its release and there have been complaints popping up about the iPhone 4S’ display, with users claiming that it is giving off a yellowish hue and looking less than stellar. If this situation sounds familiar it is because back when the iPhone 4 was launched, there were similar complaints arising, and hopefully the reason behind this discoloration is the same as the iPhone 4, which would save Apple a ton of time and money.
Back when the iPhone 4 was launched, apart from issues with the “death grip”, there were complaints about screen discoloration. This was apparently due to the swift shipping of the device, which resulted in the glue used to hold the screen not drying properly, thus giving off a yellowish discoloration. Based on user feedback in the Apple forum, this problem seems to affect users of the black iPhone 4S as opposed to the white version.
However the good news is that if this is indeed another issue with the glue not being dried properly, iPhone 4S owners can expect their screens to return to a nice, bright and crisp display in a matter of a week or two. At the moment it has been reported that Apple is allowing the exchange of devices for owners who really insist on it.
Next Story: Infinity Blade coming to arcades soon
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10 Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-09-08 Croatian Woman's iPhone 4S Reportedly Explodes On Bedside Table
- 2013-06-23 Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-02-03 iPhone 4S Spontaneously Combusts, Claims Woman, Apple Turns A Blind Eye
- 2013-01-15 iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-07-05 iPhone 4S mod adds built-in wireless charging
- 2011-06-27 Apple TVs having trouble updating
- 2011-04-08 Apple confirms Verizon iPad 2 3G issues