Remember Rob Shoesmith, the man who wanted to wait in line for the iPhone 5 as soon as it was announced? Well, the phone has been announced, and even though it’s not the iPhone 5 per say, it’s still a next generation iPhone and the experiment will still go on (especially since he managed to get so many sponsors I’d be surprised if he could even pull out of it). Since the iPhone 4S will be released on October 14th, he’s got 9 more days of camping to go before he gets his hand on the phone.
Judging by his blog, the only problem he has so far is dealing with sleeping outdoors, which could be a problem seeing how he’s got 9 more days to go. But with people giving him free haircuts, food, and even a rap performance over the weekend – not to mention the new iPhone 4S by the end of the experiment, it should be well worth it (let’s just hope he won’t have to go to a chiropractor by then). If you’d like to keep up to date on what he’s up to while waiting in line, just head over to his blog, The iPhone 5 Experiment.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-08-29: More iPhone 5/4S pictures leak
- 2011-08-26: iPhone 5 EVT Prototype back cover, audio and volume parts leaked
- 2011-07-23: Next iPhone coming to US on September 5th?