One of the most interesting features of the iPhone 4S is its Siri voice assistant that lets you ask questions or tell your phone what to do just by using voice commands. But one of the caveats about Siri is that you need to hold the iPhone in your hand in order to use it and if that irks you, ThinkGeek has got a solution for you.
Called the Iris 9000, this accessory lets you control Siri from across the room. All you have to do is plug your iPhone 4S into the Iris 9000, and use the included micro remote to trigger Siri. It features a built in mic that can pick up your voice commands from up to 50 feet away. The Iris 9000 has a speaker that then amplifies Siri’s responses so you can hear it from across the room as well.
In addition to controlling Siri, the Iris 9000 can also work like a standard speakerphone so you can even hold phone calls from a distance. As a bonus, the Iris 9000 features sci-fi styling with aluminum accents and a glowing red eye (kinda reminds me of the Verizon DROID eye) that flickers along with Siri’s voice.
The Iris 9000 will be available in Sprint 2012 for $59.99 and ThinkGeek is taking email requests for alerts the moment it goes on sale. Check out a demonstration video of the Iris 9000:RELATED
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPhone, iPhone 4S, siri,