Jawbone might be famous for their range of Bluetooth headsets that are said to be able to work even in the noisiest of environments thanks to bone conduction technology. Well, it seems that hands-free technology isn’t all Jawbone is looking at, as they have trained their sights on the Jawbone UP – a fitness-oriented wristband that does seem to be nearly ready for a commercial release, considering the fact that it is now available on the AT&T store.
Basically, the Jawbone Up looks as though it will work in conjunction with what looks like an iOS app, although we do not have any news on whether there will be an Android version down the road or not. Basically, you are able to schedule “get up and move” reminders so that you won’t end up looking like the bean bag in your living room after living on nothing but chips and soft drinks all this while.
Heck, there is also a sleep tracker and a challenge tab that will help you plot your weight loss plan, monitoring your progress in order to motivate you – or is it the other way around? No idea on pricing or the exact availability date, but we do look forward to hearing more from Jawbone.
Next Story: Robots enjoy a game of table tennis
- 2014-04-17: Future Sonos Software Update Could See Full Wireless Speaker System Capability
- 2014-03-26: Jawbone Up24 Goes International
- 2014-03-11: Jawbone UP24 And App Introduced For Android Users
- 2014-01-16: Jawbone ERA Introduced
- 2013-11-27: Jambox, Mini Jambox Gets Splash-Resistant Coating For $50 Extra
- 2013-11-13: Jawbone Up24 Introduced
- 2011-08-30: Jawbone ICON HD + The Nerd
- 2011-08-23: LiveAudio for JAMBOX Delivers Spatial Sound
- 2010-09-30: Jawbone ICON For Cisco Bluetooth Headset
- 2010-11-04: Jawbone JAMBOX: Small Speaker, Big Sound, Smart and Stylish