We’ve caught whiff of LG DoublePlay dummy sets making their way to stores, in addition to having its press shots leaked – so those are but surefire signs that the smartphone itself is ready to rock and roll – and how true it proved to be, with LG DoublePlay being announced officially today.
Touted as the “ultimate multitasking handset”, this particular puppy will boast a split QWERTY keyboard as well as dual capacitive touchscreen displays (going one up on the Nintendo DS, no?), where it intends to make simultaneous mobile activities far easier than ever before. I’m not quite sure about that until I take a look at its interface, but surely this is something different, although history has proved that different does not necessarily mean better.
Powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the DoublePlay will boast a 3.5″ main display and 2″ sub-display that can operate independently or in tandem, while Swype is there for easy text input in addition to a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard to deliver the best of both worlds. Imagine performing two tasks simultaneously thanks to both displays – such as updating your Facebook account while surfing the Web, text a friend or check your email. [Press Release]RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: LG, t-mobile, tmobile,