Remember the dual-screen LG DoublePlay that was officially announced a couple of weeks ago? Well, if you’re curious about finding out more about the phone, you can, thanks to the power of the internet. Since the phone went on sale, a couple of unboxing videos have already been posted online, showing off what you get when you purchase the unique dual-screen device.
In case you forgot, the LG DoublePlay is an Android phone that features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard that is split in the middle by a 2″ capacitive touchscreen which is used to launch shortcuts to your favorite apps. It also has a 3.5″ (320 x 480) main display, 1Ghz processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, HSPA+ connectivity, a 5-megapixel rear camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. The phone costs $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and with a 2-year contract on T-Mobile.
Anyway, if you’d like to see what you get when your purchase the LG DoublePlay, especially if you’re curious about the secondary display, check out the unboxing video courtesy of PhoneDog. Anybody thinking about picking up this phone?
- 2014-04-21: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: The LG L65 Is Official
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2013-09-05: LG G2 Hitting T-Mobile On September 18 For $99
- 2012-04-23: T-Mobile G2x gets Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update at last
- 2011-10-14: myTouch, myTouch Q and LG Doubleplay dummy phones arrive in T-Mobile stores
- 2011-10-12: LG Doubleplay press shots released
- 2011-10-04: LG to release new T-Mobile myTouch phones