WIth Google’s Android Ice Cream Sandwich expecting to make its public launch soon, many are asking if the update will be coming to their phones. Naturally some of the newer Android smartphones, like the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid Bionic will be getting the update, but what about some of the older models? We know that the Nexus One will not be getting the update, with Google citing its old hardware as one of the main reasons, but it looks like the LG Optimus 2X will not be receiving the update as well.
This is rather surprising considering that the LG Optimus 2X is almost a year newer than the Nexus One, with better hardware specs to boot, but then again this was LG’s call and not Google’s, although the handset manufacturer did not give a reason why. However with the device yet to receive its Gingerbread 2.3 update (T-Mobile’s variant, the G2x, did receive the update), in a way it feels like LG has given up on the Optimus 2x.
This begs the question regarding the rest of LG’s phones, such as the Optimus Black and Optimus 3D, but we guess we will have to wait and see what LG has to say about that. In the meantime, LG Optimus 2X users will have to either get themselves a new phone or hope that a developer will come up with an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for their phone.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Android, ice cream sandwich 4.0, LG, optimus 2x, update,
- Seen at: 247smartphone