While Flash isn’t welcome on certain mobile devices and Macs, that doesn’t mean it’s being shunned everywhere else. Today at Adobe MAX, LG Electronics USA unveiled its new Smart TV app platform SDK optimized for Adobe developers. New features include compatibility with Adobe AIR 3 and Flash Player 11. This means developers can easily port over their existing Adobe-developed products over to the LG Smart TV platform, not to mention there’s no need for completely relearning how to develop apps again.
With its app marketplace available in over 80 countries, plus a billing and advertising API, LG claims it can help you monetize your apps to a larger and wider audience. The LG Smart TV Platforms for 2012 will be enabled through LG’s Smart TV SDK 2.0 which is expected to be available by December. The upgraded 2012 Smart TV platform will be available on LG TVs, Blu-ray players, home theater systems and set-top boxes.
Any LG Smart TV Platform developers out there excited by this news?
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Follow: LG, smart tv,