On Friday we reported that LG made a statement on its Facebook page saying that it wouldn’t be bringing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to the Optimus 2X (a dual-core phone that was only released this year). Well, it looks like the company’s decision isn’t final yet because they got in touch with the folks over at Android and Me to let them know that Ice Cream Sandwich is still being tested on those phones. The availability of the update is going to depend on the phone’s ability to run the operating system and its user experience – LG Optimus 2X owners, keep those fingers crossed.
After seeing how poorly it’s been doing in the mobile sector, Ice Cream Sandwich for its phones should help win some customers back. Hopefully the company decides to work hard at making its mobile division successful instead of giving up on it.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2012-08-24: LG Singapore confirms Ice Cream Sandwich headed for Optimus 2X, Black, 3D, LTE, Prada
- 2012-08-20: LG Optimus Black to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2012-08-14: LG Optimus 2X confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich in South Korea
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus 2X to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2011-11-02: LG ayes Ice Cream Sandwich update for Optimus 2X