If you’re thinking about taking a leap of faith and trying the Windows Phone mobile operating system, Microsoft is now giving away free Windows Phone handsets. However just like the saying “there’s no such thing as a free lunch”, there is a catch to this deal, which states that you will have to spend at least $499 or more in order to qualify for this deal.
There are several pros and cons to this deal, with the cons being that the phones offered (HTC Surround, LG Quantum, HTC HD7, Dell Venue Pro) are first generation Windows Phone handsets, which means that they aren’t very attractive in terms of hardware specs compared to the newer generation models. The upside is that these phones are being given away to you off contract, meaning that you will not be required to sign on with a carrier on contract, and if it so happens that you’re shopping around for Microsoft products anyway, a free phone will just be icing on the cake.
If the idea of being able to get your hands on a free Windows Phone handset to try before making the leap and purchasing any one of the upcoming Windows Phone handsets, then just head on down to the Microsoft Store and start piling on that shopping cart!
- 2014-04-22: Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22: Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2012-01-10: Unlocked Nokia Lumia 800 to be sold in Microsoft Stores
- 2011-10-21: Microsoft giving away Windows Phone devices to people with enough Klout
- 2010-10-11: HTC HD7 ready to rock your world
- 2010-11-30: Dell Venue Pro's December 14th Release Date Teased Briefly