If you’re thinking about taking a leap of faith and trying the Windows Phone mobile operating system, Microsoft is now giving away free Windows Phone handsets. However just like the saying “there’s no such thing as a free lunch”, there is a catch to this deal, which states that you will have to spend at least $499 or more in order to qualify for this deal.
There are several pros and cons to this deal, with the cons being that the phones offered (HTC Surround, LG Quantum, HTC HD7, Dell Venue Pro) are first generation Windows Phone handsets, which means that they aren’t very attractive in terms of hardware specs compared to the newer generation models. The upside is that these phones are being given away to you off contract, meaning that you will not be required to sign on with a carrier on contract, and if it so happens that you’re shopping around for Microsoft products anyway, a free phone will just be icing on the cake.
If the idea of being able to get your hands on a free Windows Phone handset to try before making the leap and purchasing any one of the upcoming Windows Phone handsets, then just head on down to the Microsoft Store and start piling on that shopping cart!RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: deals, dell venue pro, free, htc hd7, Microsoft, microsoft store, windows phone,
- Seen at: wmpoweruser