It seems like Microsoft is doing everything in their power to try and increase the adoption of Windows Phone devices, even if that means giving them away free. In this case, Microsoft has partnered up with Klout, which is a service that uses social media analytics in an attempt to weigh the influence you have on your social network.
It seems that if you’re found to be influential enough, you could be one of the lucky people to walk away with one out of the 500 free phones Microsoft is giving away, along with VIP passes to one of the five Windows Phone launch parties. Unfortunately you would have to live in one of the five cities to qualify, which are New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
This seems like a clever move by Microsoft, especially since they are banking on these “influential” people to spread their word and opinion, which hopefully based on their “klout” will be a good many people. If you think you are influential enough, head on down to Klout’s website to see if you qualify.
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Product Codenames Leaked For June-July Release
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2011-10-19: Microsoft giving away free Windows Phone handsets with Microsoft Store purchase