While we know that RIM is working hard on fixing the recent BlackBerry outage, and a lot of folks are experiencing problems updating to iOS 5, Microsoft has decided to capitalize on the service’s downtime by drawing frustrated consumers to its side.
Ben Rudolph, Microsoft’s Windows Phone Evangelist, recently posted up a couple of Tweets saying that he is giving away 25 Windows Phone devices to BlackBerry and iOS users that Tweet him a reason to why they want to upgrade to Windows Phone. While 25 devices won’t add a lot of users to the Windows Phone market, it’s definitely going to make 25 people happy for getting a phone for free.
Those of you interested in getting a free Windows Phone device, hit up Ben Rudolph on Twitter and let him know why you want to upgrade. At the same time, be sure to follow us @Ubergizmo for all the latest news!
- 2014-04-22: Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22: Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-03-07: Windows Phone Narrowly Edges Out BlackBerry In The US
- 2013-03-27: Microsoft Claims Windows Phone Outsells iPhone And Blackberry In Certain Regions
- 2012-10-02: Microsoft's Windows Phone platform gaining on RIM over in Europe
- 2011-10-03: Windows Phone Mango update sent out to 50% of the world
- 2011-08-19: Windows Phone 7 Mango ready to be delivered