Motorola is certainly going all out with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system by revealing that they will roll out Android 4.0-powered devices just six weeks after the final version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is released. Hard to believe such optimism from a company that was clearly ailing before the Android platform came along, so perhaps this is their show of commitment to Google.
No idea on which Motorola devices will be on the receiving end of Ice Cream Sandwich updates as well, do you think Atrix owners will benefit? Chances are pretty good that the more recent devices from Motorola’s stable would be getting it, including the sequel to the Atrix, the Photon 4G, and of course, the recently announced Droid RAZR. So far we have managed to confirm that the Droid RAZR, the Droid Bionic, and the Xoom tablet will be beneficiaries of an Android 4.0 update. Are you stoked yet?
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2012-10-11: Motorola Droid Bionic soak test indicates impending Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-10-09: Motorola Atrix 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update hits AT&T subscribers
- 2012-09-30: Motorola cancels Ice Cream Sandwich update for handful of devices
- 2012-06-25: Motorola RAZR Maxx with Android 4.0/ICS Update
- 2011-12-08: Ice Cream Sandwich status explained by Motorola