So we know that Motorola has plans to update their line of smartphones to the latest build on Android, but with the Motorola Droid RAZR taking the spotlight now, what will happen to the Motorola Droid Bionic, which to be fair had a much longer wait and anticipation compared to the Droid RAZR.
According to a reply by Motorola to a user on their Facebook page, the Droid Bionic will be receiving the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update, but as to when remains unknown. If we had to work on what Motorola replied to the user, which basically said that the timing of the update will be revealed after the final version of Ice Cream Sandwich has been released.
Since the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be the first phone to sport the Ice Cream Sandwich build of Android, and it is expected to be released in November, it looks like Motorola users won’t have to wait very long before they will be clued in as to when they can expect the updates to start rolling out for their devices.
Next Story: Motorola Admiral coming to Sprint (Official)
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2011-12-13: Motorola Droid Bionic major update rolling out now
- 2011-12-08: Massive DROID BIONIC update on the way
- 2011-10-19: Motorola Droid RAZR to receive ICS update in 2012
- 2011-10-17: Motorola Xoom to be the first tablet to receive Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2010-01-19: Motorola Droid Getting Minor OTA Update