With the announcement of Google’s latest build of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, it looks like more companies are starting to come forward and announcing when their phones will be getting the update. Naturally the manufacturer with the most updated phones will be preferred over those that are still shipping devices out with Gingerbread 2.3, right?
Well if you had plan on purchasing the brand new Motorola Droid RAZR, the good news is that according to Motorola’s SVP of Portfolio and Product Management, Alain Mutricy, the Droid RAZR while optimized for Gingerbread 2.3, can expect to get the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update at the start of 2012, or at least that’s what the company is hoping. Naturally this update will be available for unlocked phones first, since the update will probably have to pass through Verizon first before making its way onto Verizon branded Droid RAZRs.
Next Story: HTC EVO Design 4G officially announced by Sprint
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2012-04-05: Android 4.0 update for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a no-show
- 2012-04-02: Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX rumored to receive Android 4.0 update 4th April, HTC Rezound 6th April
- 2011-12-22: Motorola DROID RAZR update rolling out today
- 2011-10-20: Motorola Droid Bionic will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2011-10-17: Motorola Xoom to be the first tablet to receive Ice Cream Sandwich update?