We do know that Motorola’s effort at tablets was not really that successful, but at least they did not let the Xoom go under the water just like how HP left the TouchPad to drown shortly after its release. Well, Motorola decided to spruce up their 10.1″ tablet with a bunch of edutainment software, calling it the Motorola Xoom Family Edition that was spotted at an electronics store recently.
So far, it looks pretty much like the vanilla Motorola Xoom without any subwoofer that is expected in the rumored Xoom 2 Media Edition, so don’t expect anything out of the ordinary with this apart from your kids playing with your tablet far more often than you would like them to. There is a Kid Mode in the Xoom Family Edition alongside another $40 of software just for kids from Zoodles.
No idea on an official release date or pricing details, but the Motorola Xoom should arrive at store shelves on an official basis pretty soon.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Motorola, motorola xoom, xoom,
- Seen at: engadget