When Google announced their plans to acquire Motorola Mobility (the deal is still being given a once over by the antitrust regulators), many were worried that Google may start favoring Motorola Android devices over other Android manufacturers, such as Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. While Google may have said that they will not be playing favorites, Fudzilla seems to think otherwise, claiming to hear “repeatedly” that Motorola’s Xoom tablet may be the first tablet to receive the brand new Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update.
While it is without doubt that many of the major tablets at the moment, such as the Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Sony’s Tablet S and Tablet P will be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich update, it’s hard to say which company will be getting it first. Perhaps more will be revealed at Motorola’s event which will be held tomorrow, where it is expected that the Motorola Droid RAZR will be revealed, perhaps along with the Xoom 2.
Next Story: Halo anniversary Kinect functionality revealed
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued