The city of New York has broken yet another record – this time around, Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey announced that New York City alone contains more Twitter users within its walls compared to any other city in the world – while playing host to the second most Twitter developers worldwide. Of course, the majority of New Yorkers would not be surprised at this news considering the city boasts a population of 8 million folks not to mention carrying the statistic of having one of the highest concentrations of smartphone addicts in the world.
As for the lesser known fact of having the second highest number of Twitter developers in the world, that certainly comes across as a shock to some (a pleasant one, I might add). I guess mayor Bloomberg’s vision for New York City to be the technological hub of the world has some bearing, but it will need to do far more than that to usurp the Silicon Valley.
If you’re a native New Yorker, are you part of the Twitter revolution yet? If not, what the heck are you waiting for?
Next Story: Samsung to launch London 2012 Olympic phone
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2013-03-07: NYC Prototype Payphones Offer A Glimpse Into Phone Booth Future
- 2011-11-18: AP reporters ticked off for tweeting
- 2011-11-04: AT&T offers free Wi-Fi in select NYC parks
- 2011-08-17: Phones used to top up parking meter
- 2011-06-10: AT&T to throw Wi-Fi blanket in 20 New York City parks