There has been plenty of rumors and leaks surrounding Google’s upcoming Samsung Nexus Prime device. From leaked photos to leak specifications, none of them actually tell you what the device will be called. Given that this will be the third device in Google’s series of Nexus phones, it’s safe to assume that the “Nexus” word will appear as part of device’s name.
Prior to this, the device has had several monikers, ranging from the Nexus Prime, the Galaxy Nexus and even the Droid Prime. However after receiving an award from T3 for having the phone of the year with their Samsung Galaxy S2, Andrew Glass, Samsung UK’s sales director apparently let slip the name of the upcoming device.
“You will have an announcement of the Nexus Prime very shortly and will be seeing it in shops sooner than you think.”
Interestingly this is the first time anyone has mentioned the name, at least no one that is directly involved with the phone, such as Google or Samsung. Could it really be called the Nexus Prime or was Andrew Glass simply using a name that he was sure everyone would be familiar with?
Next Story: Siri appears to work great with British accents
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Specs (Official)
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime promo poster leaked
- 2011-10-11: Real reason behind Nexus Prime delay? (Rumor)
- 2011-10-07: Nexus Prime boot animation revealed?
- 2011-10-07: Samsung Galaxy Nexus to be delayed